Attorney Lisa M. Beauvais
I specialize in estate planning and elder law. I help people of all ages create estate plans in order to protect their assets and pass them to their loved ones.
With all of the conflicting, confusing information that exists around estate law, you need a professional with a mixture of experience and empathy. I will arm you with knowledge and guide you to the best decisions for you and your family.
Very few people want to think about, talk about, or plan for their own passing, or the passing of a loved one. I work in elder and estate law because I am dedicated to easing this difficult process, creating a clear path for people, and providing support along the way.
Whatever your picture of a typical lawyer, I ‘m not that. I ‘m compassionate and caring, and I strive to make every client feel comfortable. I answer the phone to take your calls and provide the time and attention that everyone deserves.
Working primarily in Hampden and Hampshire Counties, she assists clients with the following services:
- Probate of Estates
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Health Care Proxies
- Power of Attorney
- Last Will and Testaments
- Assisting families with Medicaid Applications for loved ones preparing to enter or who are already in a nursing home facility
- Trusts, including Revocable, Irrevocable, and Special Needs types
- Mental Health Litigation to represent clients with family members who have mental health issues.
- Guardian Ad Litem for the Probate and Family Court by judicial appointment
- Adjunct Professor at Western New England University Law School teaching Probate Court practice
Education & Affiliations
I’ve been practicing law since 1995, and I’ve proudly maintained my practice for over 20 years. I graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business Finance from Western New England College and continued on to Western New England College School of Law for my Juris Doctorate. I later obtained a Master’s in Law degree in Estate Planning and Elder Law.
- The Massachusetts Bar Association
- The Hampden County Bar Association
- The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- The Estate Planning Council of Hampden County
- The Western Massachusetts Eldercare Professional Association
- The Womens Business Owners Alliance
When I’m not working, I enjoy lots of activities, particularly when they happen in the great outdoors. I love reading, gardening, walking, cycling, skiing, spending time with family and friends, and spending time on the water.
Patricia McCarthy: I have been working as a legal assistant for Attorney Beauvais for over 7 years. While handling the day to day business matters of the practice, I also offer extensive knowledge when I can, and I pride myself on giving excellent client service. Prior to working for Lisa, I was employed at New England Fidelity Insurance and U.S.F. & G. Insurance Company where I worked for over 20 years. Although a native of West Springfield, MA, I currently live in Suffield, CT.
Keri Cloutier: I have been working as a legal assistant for Lisa for over a year. I find my work immensely satisfying and interesting. I enjoy working on real estate closings as well as assisting Lisa in helping to protect our clients with wills and other important documents. Every day is a new learning experience for me! When I’m not working, I live in Granby, MA with my husband and our three sons. My hobbies consist of staying fit and eating healthy, reading and knitting. My favorite place to be is at the ocean with family and friends.